Accessing the Dashboard
To start, navigate to the streaming-analytics-workshop application we’ve created previously and click the button which says
Open Apache Flink Dashboard.
This will open a new window.
This is a running Apache Flink Web Dashboard you would access in any standard Apache Flink workload.
The Flink Dashboard made available to Kinesis Data Analytics for Apache Flink is set to Read-Only, so tasks like deploying jars and modifying configuration are not enabled.
Take note of the following components of the Flink Dashboard, as they can be useful for troubleshooting your Flink applciations.
- [LEFT] Running Jobs - Your running application name and the duration it has been running without manual restarts.
- [LEFT] Task Managers - The compute nodes that are running the tasks within the application.
- [Right] Running Job List - Contains the list of jobs running - should only ever be one within KDA
- The Start Time of the Application
- Duration the job has been running
- Number of Tasks (total subtasks of the application)
- Status - Running, Failing, Stopped, Cancelled
Within this exercise, we’ll be looking at a few common areas to look when assessing the health of your application using the Apache Flink Web Dashboard.